Contract Type: Permanent from April or September 2023
Salary: Group 5: L18-31 (according to experience)
Stephen Hawking School is an “Outstanding” special school based on two sites in the London borough of Tower Hamlets. The majority of the children have profound and multiple learning difficulties and a significant number of the children have additional medical, sensory and physical needs.
Our school offers a safe, positive, and challenging environment for up to 104 pupils between the ages of 2-11. We pride ourselves on our high expectations of everyone in the school so that all children maximise their potential.
After a period of time as part of a soft federation with a local mainstream primary school, the Governing Bodies have decided that it is in the best interests of each school to build on the successes of this collaboration as separate schools. We therefore require a suitably qualified, inspirational professional to lead our school in the next stage of our development.
The successful candidate will:
- be committed to ensuring the best possible outcomes for our children
- be able to implement a strategic vision to take the school forward
- to lead and develop positive relationships with all staff and stakeholders
- have leadership experience in a special school
- demonstrate high levels of integrity, excellent communication skills and a broad knowledge of children with complex SEND
- children and families who are a joy to work with
- a highly supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team
- a dedicated staff team committed to the development of the whole child
- an ethos of collaborating with partner organisations
Visits to our school are strongly encouraged. To book a visit, please contact Lisa Payne, School Business Manager, at email@example.com
Stephen Hawking is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply, please complete the application form and submit a personal statement that addresses the requirements in the person specification.
Please return applications to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of the Chair of Governors.
Application deadline: Monday 6th February 10 a.m.
Interview dates: Monday 27th February and Tuesday 28th February (only successful candidates from the first day of interview will be required to attend on second day)